Designed primarily for early childhood play settings, the SafeLandings® SafetyRug™ System is a specially engineered, patented surface that provides shock absorbency against falls, commonly referred to as impact attenuation. The SafetyRug™ System combines a custom liquid-resistant carpet with SafePad, and a proprietary green label adhesive to cushion falls under and around play equipment at a 2 ft Critical Fall Height according to the ASTM International standard, ASTM F1292.
The SafetyRug™ System can be installed by the customer. This unique SafetyRug™ System can be made to sit in a corner with 2 sides tapered, against one wall with 3 sides tapered, or as an island that can be placed in the middle of the room with 4 sides tapered.
The SafeLandings SafetyRug™ System is available in a wide range of standard and custom sizes and colors to meet the needs of individual facilities.
- Impact Attenuation
- Liquid Resistant
- Flame Retardant
- Perimeter Edges can be Ramped for Easy Accessibility
- ASTM International, ASTM F-1292 for impact attenuation of playground surface systems under and around playground equipment
- ASTM International (ASTM) F-1951 for determination of accessibility of surface systems under and around playground equipment
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) Handbook for Public Playground Safety
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accessibility Guidelines