Each year, over 200,000 young children in the United States are injured in playground falls. Injuries sustained from falls include contusions, broken bones, and dislocations. Head injuries are the most serious type of injuries and are the most frequent cause of death from playground fall-related injuries. Preventing these injuries must be the highest priority for all who care about the safety of our young children.
As recent as 1997, no one produced a flooring option that addressed reducing fall-related injuries. After rigorous testing, SafeLandings® developed the first indoor fall-rated safety flooring system, compliant with Federal, State and CPSC standards relating to infants and young children’s falls from indoor playground equipment.
- Outstanding Impact Safety: Meets ASTM Standards F1292, F1918, F1951, F1487, and F2373 at 2, 4, 5 and 6 ft Critical Fall Heights
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Architectural Barriers Act (ABA): wheelchair accessible and meets the 2010 Federal ADA Law
- Superior Water Resistance and Hygienic Properties: Water-resistant or waterproof, minimizes penetration from liquids. Each system product is antimicrobial treated, including the topcoat, SafePad and Adhesives.
- Nonporous: prevents bacterial growth, mold and mildew, unlike all other products
- Proven Durability: Products are successfully performing under heavy daily foot traffic use in many types of facilities worldwide
- Unlimited Design: Topcoat choices include a variety of colors, patterns and custom print patterns to make your facility unique
- Installation Versatility: SafeLandings Systems can be easily removed and reinstalled at another location
The product is subject to exacting manufacturing controls to match the quality standards set by SafeLandings Worldwide LLC.
SafeLandings® Shock Absorbing Flooring Systems™ are manufactured under United States and Canadian Patents. SafeLandings® is a registered U.S. Trademark of Ray David Kanter.